Affiliate marketing is a legitimate way for bloggers and website owners to monetize the traffic of their websites and blogs. All that is necessary to do in order to make money online with affiliate marketing is join an affiliate network and start promoting their products and services. Every time sale is made they earn a commission, usually a percentage of the sale price.
Affiliate marketing has many advantages and is an excellent online income opportunity, however there are some risks associated with it. The greatest risk that comes with affiliate marketing is the possibility of affiliate being scammed. This way they lose money from all the leads and sales made in the last month or so. The best way to avoid the risk of being scammed is by working with legitimate affiliate networks that have a long track record in the industry.
Finding a reputable affiliate network is not easy since there are a lot that you can join however there are some signs that will help you separate the scammers from legitimate ones.
- Their website design. Their website should look professional and give answers to all the questions you may have. A good sign is also if they have a contact email, phone and address.
- The reputation of the affiliate company. Thanks to the internet it’s fairly easy to check on their reputation. You can start by using major search engines. Or you can join a forum which discusses affiliate marketing such as Warriorforum. There are also websites that list and rate affiliate programs such Affiliate Paying, BestAffiliateProgramReviews and others.
- Customer support. It’s important to be able to get help from the affiliate network when problems arise. Make sure that your affiliate company is available for help and support by email, phone, Skype or other means in a timely manner and find any assistance you might need.
- The products, commission and payments. There are many networks online offers lots of products. You should join an affiliate company that offers products that match the demographics and interests of the visitors of your website. You must also consider the price of the products they offer and the commission they pay their affiliates. You should look for price above $10 and commission above 10%. Some of the payment methods available today are bank transfer, Paypal, Check. Make sure the network offers your preferred payment method. Regarding payments other things to consider are payment schedule and minimum payment threshold. Most Affiliate companies offer have payment every 15 or every 30 days. Usually the smaller the better. Also the minimum payment is worth consideration. The lower the minimum the better.
- Tracking tools. One of the most important things to look for in affiliate network is do they offer adequate tracking tools. A reputable network will provide you with a detailed report of your leads and conversions at all time. Tracking also helps you to analyze your campaigns and improve them so you can increase your conversions and earnings.
These are some things to consider before you join an affiliate network. You can as many networks as you like, there is not a limit n the number of networks you can join. Many affiliates are making a decent living from their commission, but always make sure to check the affiliate marketing network before you start promoting their products. Always be critical and check many times if necessary.